- The first chocolate eggs were made in Europe in the early 19th century and remain one of the most popular treats associated with Easter today.
- Over 90 million chocolate Easter bunnies are produced each year.
- 76 % of people eat the ears on their chocolate Easter bunnies first. 5% said bunnies should be eaten feet first, whilst 4 % favoured eating the tail first.
- Jelly beans began to be associated with Easter in the 1930s because of their egg like shape and bright colours.
- Americans consume more than 16 billion jelly beans at Easter!
- According to the Guinness Book of World Records the largest Easter egg ever made was just over 25ft high and made of chocolate and marshmallow. The egg weighed 4076kg and was supported by an internal steel frame.
- The world's most expensive chocolate Easter egg has sold for £7,000 in London.
There is a fantastic selection of Easter treats on our website, from eggs to bunnies, chicks to chocolate bees! All of our products are made with the finest chocolate, are extremely delicious and would make perfect presents! www.justforyouconfectionery.co.uk